"Devotion to Passion"
An American Impressionist, born in 1956 into a family of artists, Kenneth Halvorsen is a life-long painter with a passion for natural beauty. He creates his paintings on location transforming rare vistas into stunning interpretations of bright colors and fluid motion. Executed in thick, textured oils his works have earned worldwide recognition among museums and private collections as wells as...
... global awards, including America's Cup International Artist Gold Medal.
He has participated in numerous Plein Air Exhibitions, 21 Annual Members Shows and over 40 Paint-out Shows across the United States and on 5 different islands for Plein Air Painters of Hawaii. In August 2003, International Artist Magazine featured Halvorsen and Plein Air Painters of California in a 6 page article featuring Kenneth Halvorsen Fine Art.
His work is collected by Hollywood Studios Gallery who lease the paintings to the Hollywood film industry. They have supplied paintings in countless films such as "Million Dollar Baby ". Kenneth Halvorsen's paintings are in private and corporate collections around the world.
Education and Awards:
Getting a personal training and guidance from both of artists parents, Kenneth has expressed the purity of breathtaking execution in all seven disciplines of the body of the landscape studies.
- NATIONAL OIL & ACRYLIC PAINTERS' SOCIETY Awards: Best of America 2017
- BOULDER CITY FINE ART FESTIVAL. 1st Place Fine Art. Juried by Boulder City Art Guild. 2015
- JUMBISH WORLD ART COMPETITION 4.0. 2014
- Founders Award, Makawao Invitational
- Artist's Choice, PAPOH 2nd Annual
- First Place, Lahaina Art Society
- Great Makawao Invitational Award
- Best of Show, Evergreen Fine Arts Festival 2013
Recent Juried Shows:
- 45th Annual Art Festival, 2020 in Breckenridge, Colorado by Mountain Arts
- Sausalito Art Festival, 2019 in San Francisco, California
- Kimball Arts Festival 2018 in Park City, Utah
- Los Altos Rotary Fine Art In The Park, 2017 in Los Altos, California
- Art In The Square 2016, Dallas, Texas
- 2015-2002: Bellevue Arts Museum Fair, San Diego Festival of the Arts, La Jolla Art and Wine Festival, Beaver Creek Art Festival, Aspen Art Festival, Vail Arts Festival, Evergreens Fine Art Festival and Breckenridge Main Street Art Festival
- Maui Plein Air Invitational
- Makawao Invitational
- Plein Air Painters of Hawaii Members Show for the past 7 years
Local Museum Collections and Exhibitions:
KENNETH HALVORSEN: THE MAJESTIC MOUNTAINS OF COLORADO, Denver Fine Art Museum, CO 2018
ST GEORGE ART MUSEUM, St. George, UT. Permanent collection. 2016.
MATTATUCK MUSEUM, Waterbury, CT. Permanent collection. 2014.
Italienische Botschaft 2012 (Washington DC, USA)
BONE CREEK MUSEUM OF AGRARIAN ART, David City, NE. Permanent collection. 2011.
Brogan Museum of Art & Science 2010 (USA)
CALIFORNIA ART CLUB'S 107TH ANNUAL GOLD MEDAL EXHIBITION. Natural History Museum of Los Angeles, CA. 2007
Some of Kenneth Halvorsen exhibits in Europe include the following:
- Gallery Tonart Hombrechtikom 2016 (Switzerland)
- KVD Schlossausstellung in der Papierfabrik 2015 (Germany)
- Kunsthaus Aaart Foundation 2014 (Austria)
- La Maison de La Culture Petange 2013 (Luxemburg)
- Galerie im alten Rathaus in Priem 2013 (Germany)
- Triennale Furament Tervuren 2011 (Belgium)
- Milan Palazzo Borremeo 2011 (Italy)
- Finalisten Ausstellung Syrliner Kunstpreis 2010 (Germany)
- Haus der Kunst München 2009 (Germany)
- Galerie am Karlsberg 2008 (Germany)
- Bayrisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft 2007 (Germany)
- Galerie im Rathaus Kunstverein Ottobrun 2006 (Germany)
- Freisinger Landratsamt 2005 (Germany)
- Kunstverein Dachauer Wasserturm 2004 (Germany)
- Kurhaus Bad Kissingen 2003 (Germany)
- BMW Technik München Ausstellung 2002 (Germany)
Listings & Memberships
AskArt, The Artist's Bluebook
Marquis Who's Who's
California Art Club
Texas Art League
Colorado Association of Artists
Alaska Oil Painters Association